www.villagewater.org is owned and operated by Village Water Ltd. Village Water UK is a charity registered in England and Wales (Charity No. 1117377). Our head office is located at Village Water, c/o URC Office, Coleham Head, Shrewsbury, SY3 7BJ, United Kingdom.
to ‘our’, ‘we’, ‘us’ are references to Village Water as explained in the about us section.
to ‘site’ or ‘website’ are references to www.villagewater.org
Accessing the site
Use of the site will be taken as a form of acceptance of our Terms and Conditions.
We aim to update the website with recent activities and relevant content and media, as we receive updates from our partners. Although we work to keep all the content up-to-date, at times you may come across some out of date material. Please contact us if you think some information is incorrect or out of date!
Intellectual property rights
It is prohibited to copy, modify or reproduce any content on Village Water without express permission from us. This includes but is not limited to pictures, publications, images, stories or any other content within the site.However, we do like to spread Village Water’s message, so if you would like to use any content or pictures to help promote our charity, please contact us and we may be able to offer some high quality materials.
Village Water nor any of its employees, shall accept any liability for consequential loss or damage to you or any third party. This includes, but is not limited to loss of income, profits, money, goodwill or data.
Linking to our site
Feel free to link to our site from your website or blog. If you are supporters of Village Water and would like to feature us on your site please contact us. If you have not supported us please refrain from implying any association with our charity. Our donation widget, found on our Donate page can also be shared. Please do not mislead customers to the purpose of the donation. All donations made through the donation widget will be earmarked as an unrestricted donation.
Links from the site
Village Water is not responsible for any content on any websites linked from www.villagewater.org and the scope of the terms and conditions does not extend to these sites. Users will access these sites at their own risk.
If you are under the age of 16, please ask your parents’ permission to view the site. Access to the website cannot be guaranteed at all time, as unforeseen circumstances may arise out of our control. This could be due to maintenance work or server problems. All efforts will be made to stay online at all times. Village Water is not responsible for any damages that may arise from any limitations on access to our site.
If you have any concerns about the terms and conditions please contact us. You also have the right to view any information we have stored on you, if you would like more details about what we have on our system or you would like to amend any information please get in touch.
It is prohibited for any person to disrupt the site by any means in a malicious attempt to effect the running of the website.
These Terms of Service shall be governed by and constructed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and any disputes will be decided only by the Courts of England and Wales.
Amendments to the terms and conditions
If Village Water update or change any part of the terms and conditions, the changes will be advertised via our news page. If any user does not agree to the terms set out within the Terms and Conditions, as amended, the user should stop using the website, as continued use of the site would be taken as a form of acceptance. The notification will give a time period of 30 days until the new changes become effective.
As a registered charity we at Village Water take very seriously the privacy of you, our donors or potential donors. We think that you should enjoy your experience with us without worrying about incorrect use of your information.
We ensure any data collected will always be held, used, transferred and otherwise processed in accordance with our legal obligations. We also have a strict policy not to rent, sell or publish any information collected by us to any third party.
It is important to us that we are not sending you information you do not want! We have an online contact preferences form for any changes you wish to make.
Methods we use when we collect information
- Donate to us
- Sign up to our newsletter
- Meet us at an event or at our office
- Volunteer with us
- When you contact us, through the website, email, phone, post or our social media outlets
Where we also get information from
- Directly – when you give us information directly when you interact with us.
- Indirectly – Some third-party organisations who collect money on our behalf also pass on information about your donation. We will collect your consent through them to directly contact you only if you have opted in.
- Social Media – Interactions online through our social media sites will sometimes be stored to help us better understand our donors and what information they are interested in.
- Publicly available information – We may search for publicly available information about you, from company websites, social networks, property registers, and news archives. We use this information to help us better understand you as a donor and to allow us to keep your information up-to-date. You have a right to opt out of this type of profiling.
Information we do collect
- Name and email when joining our mailing list.
- Name, email and CV when applying for a position within Village Water, whether that be for employment or volunteering.
- Tracking material is exclusively to aid site development and advertising.
- Cookies are used to help make your online experience as easy as possible.
- When making an online donation we collect the following information:
- Contact Preferences
- Newsletter Preferences
- Gift Aid preference
- Reason for your donation
- Your credit card information is not collected or stored on our systems, this is all processed via Stripe’s secure servers. We are only able to view your card type, expiry and the last 4 digits of the card you made the payment with.
- Where appropriate we will store information you give us about you birthday, why you chose to donate and who you are affiliated too. This is so we can better understand you as a donor. You may request to see and alter any information we store on you.
We don’t process or store any of your bank details, these are collected and processed via online processors; stripe, CAF, Paypal, BTmydonate, JustGiving or offline which are processed by our bank. All our online payment processors are Payment Card Industry PCI compliant.
How we will use the information we collect
- To thank you for your support
- To send you information about what impact your donation has had
- To send you information about volunteering opportunities at Village Water events
- To send you information on upcoming events or invite you to one of our events
- To administer your donation, standing order or Gift Aid
- To let you know any changes in our policies
- To see how you interact online with Village Water
- To contact you as a representative of an organisation
- Occasionally we use your past donation history to help us prioritise who would most benefit from certain campaigns. This is to help us to reduce the number of people we contact and to reduce costs of the charity.
Village Water cannot always protect from third party interception with regards to loss or misuse of data whilst using our website. Unless the information has been released due to a negligent act on Village Water’s part, no responsibility is assumed. All reasonable efforts will be made to ensure this does not occur.
Only Village Water’s staff and volunteers have access to our donors’ information. They have been trained and signed our data protection policy, which sets out the rules surrounding what they are permitted to do with the information.
We have a newsletter mailing list where we send emails about news, fundraising activities and stories from Village Water. If you wish to be removed from our mailing list, please click here and enter your email address you wish to unsubscribe. You can also contact us on 01743 241563. Or click unsubscribe which is located at the bottom of each of our newsletters.
Although Village Water works hard to make your online experience safe and enjoyable, using the internet can have inherent risks. We cannot guarantee the privacy of communications sent via email, please do not provide any sensitive information via our online contact form.
We have an extensive safeguarding policy, which is part of the induction process. Any interactions with minors have set procedures and we will always get consent from a parent or guardian if we record any information about minors on our system.
Where your information is stored
We use a number of third party software to store and analyse your information. We are very careful about picking organisations who are reputable and who have the necessary policies in place to ensure that if information is transferred outside the European Economic Area (EEA) it is compliant with the incoming data protection rules.
How long we store information
We have different retention periods for different types of information. We only keep information as long as is reasonable based on what we use it for. Every donor has a right to access, amend and delete any information we store on them.
- Legacy information may be kept indefinitely to administer the donations after the donors’ death.
- All contact details are kept after you have requested us not to contact you, this is so we can comply with your request.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) creates some new rights for individuals and strengthens some of the rights that currently exist under the DPA.
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
- The right to rectification
- The right to erasure
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling.
You have the right to view any information we have stored on you, if you would like more details about what we have on our system or you would like to amend any information please get in touch.
Third party links
What are Cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are placed in your computer’s browser to store your preferences.
What we use them for
Types of cookies
We have both First and Third party cookies operating on this site.
First party cookies are used to save information to help us make your online experience quicker and more personalised.
The Third party cookies are cookies created via external sources used to keep track of page views, video usage, map requests and tracking donations.
Any information collected via cookies are used internally to make your online experience better. No information will be sold to third parties.
Our own cookies
- save your cookie preferences
- link donations made through our site with their source campaign
Third party cookies
- Stripe (our payment gateway for donations)
- Visitor statistics
Disabling these cookies will likely break the functions offered by these third parties
Visitor statistics cookies
We use google analytics for our visitor statistics.
It is possible to opt-out of these cookies by choosing the opt-out option in our cookie notice when you first visit our website.
How to control cookies from your browser
- Salesforce – https://www.salesforce.com/company/privacy/
- Office 365 – https://products.office.com/en-gb/business/office-365-trust-center-privacy
- Zapier – https://zapier.com/privacy/
- Stripe – https://stripe.com/gb/privacy
Ian Stone – Privacy officer
If you have any questions about how we collect, store or use your information please contact us